Our philosophy, our aims and our commitment to you
Established in Rochester in 1990, the Clinic relocated to its new purpose-built location in 2007. This Clinic is one of the most up-to-date and best equipped clinics in the country and this enables us to offer the very highest quality of dentistry and dental implant treatments to our patients.
We have a team of highly-skilled clinicians who have experience and advanced training in every aspect of dentistry and this allows us to help each new patient choose a Dentist whose skills and experience match their particular and individual needs.Our overriding philosophy is at all times to consider and to be aware of our patients’ needs and expectations, and also, importantly, their anxieties.
- To deliver optimal dental health and appearance.
- To offer a full range of modern cosmetic techniques.
- To work together with our patients in a comfortable, relaxed and happy environment.
- To offer kindness and consideration to all patients.
Our commitment to you
- We will listen carefully to your dental problems so that we completely understand your needs and so that together we can decide on the best treatment.
- We will always give you the best possible dental treatment using the most up-to-date techniques and the best materials available.
- We will let you know in advance the cost of any treatment which is suggested or planned.
We ask that
- You try to be on time for appointments and if you do need to cancel, that you give at least 24 hours’ notice.
- After treatment, you try to maintain your dental health by practicing good home-care and by attending regular examinations and hygienist appointments, as recommended by your Dentist.
- You advise us if you are not happy so that we are able to respond to your needs.
Our overriding philosophy is at all times to consider and to be aware of our patients’ needs and expectations, and also, importantly, their anxieties.
The Goodwill Guarantee
Our dentists appreciate the confidence patients put in their work and in recognition of this our dentists provide goodwill guarantees on all inlays, crowns, bridges, implant restorations and veneers for a 5 year period against mechanical failure (eg. fracture of metal or porcelain). The exception is all-ceramic bridges, which we will guarantee for a 3 year period. This is providing the following terms are met:
- The patient attends the practice for a minimum of two 30 minute hygienist appointments in each subsequent year following completion of treatment and has adhered to the prescribed maintenance techniques.
- No damage has occurred as a consequence of further dental treatment (whether at Hospital Lane Dental and Implant Clinic or elsewhere), undue care or trauma.
- No balance remains outstanding on the patient's account.
- Failure is not the result of tooth decay, periodontal disease or peri-implantitis.
- If an implant fails to integrate or loses integration with the bone, we will replace the implant free of charge on one occasion, subject to sufficient bone being available to anchor a new implant. If an implant fails to integrate after subsequent replacement, this implant will not be guaranteed.
- All ceramic crown restorations will be replaced once only and if future fractures develop, the replacement cost will be borne by the patient. Following the fracture of a restoration the patient will be required to wear a soft bite guard at night-time to prevent the overloading of restorations.
- Please note the Goodwill Guarantee from our dentists is not applicable to to implant failures in smokers.