Services for Dentists - Surgical Dentistry and Sedation
Routine surgical procedures, such as removing broken down or difficult teeth, can be undertaken in-house, saving patients waiting and travelling time to other centres.
Procedures that can be carried out at the Clinic:
- Removal of broken down, decayed or difficult teeth
- Removal of impacted wisdom teeth
- Apicectomies of incisors, canines, premolars and molars
- Removal of cysts
- Sinus augmentation
- General surgical opinion
- All dental implant procedures
- Digital intra-oral radiographs and full-mouth screening equipment used to ensure accurate and precise assessment and treatment
- Expert care with surgical procedures, means ease of procedure for patients
- Optimum techniques reduce post-operative discomfort and complications
- Convenient appointments
- No waiting list
- Intra-venous sedation to help anxious patients
- Complete follow-up and aftercare programme
Intra-venous sedation can be used to make the experience easier for some patients. This involves an injection into an arm or the back of a hand of a powerful sedative to calm a nervous patient.
At Hospital Lane we recognise that some surgical procedures are best performed for patients with intravenous sedation. A number of our clinicians are SAAD trained in the use of intravenous sedation and this is a facility available at the clinic with suitably trained assitants. For patients with more complex medical history or those who require sedation for longer durations external anesthetists attend the clinic to assist with dental sedation.