Dental Care Advice – what happens next
What am I expected to do after my dental treatment at Hospital Lane and how do I look after my teeth in future?
We expect you to take special care of your teeth after your dental treatment and we supply a number of downloadable dental care advice sheets which help guide you in the best way to do so.
These files are in .pdf format and you will need to have Acrobat installed on your machine in order to open them. Please click on the Adobe logo if you need to download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Out-of-Hours Emergencies Emergency Treatment information for when the Dental Clinic is closed.
- Post Extraction Instructions Main Points after Extractions, Do Not Rinse For 24 Hours, Pain Control, Avoid Smoking, Avoid Alcohol and Strenuous Exercise, Bleeding, Mouthwash on the Following Day (24 Hours Later), Increasing Pain, Recovery.
- Implant Facts Osseointegration, Factors that Increase Failure Rate, Implant Placement Considerations, If Implants Fail To Integrate, Placement of Restorations, Long Term Care, Appointments and Fees, Drug Regimes, Warranty and Post-Operative Instructions For Implants.
- Tooth Whitening – Home Treatments Information includes: instructions for use, main after care points for tooth whitening and cautions.
- Tooth Whitening – Patient Advice and Consent The following information is given to you so that you can make an informed decision about having your teeth whitened
- Inside – Outside Tooth Whitening Main Points for Internal Tooth Whitening, Instructions for lightening non-vital teeth, Cautions.
- Denture Advice How Long Will it Take to Get Used to Them?, How Do I Look After Them?, My New Dentures are Sore, Do I Take them Out at Night?, I’ve Just Had Teeth Out, What Can I Expect?, Do I Still Need Regular Check-Ups?, How Long Do Dentures Last?, I Find it Difficult to Clean My Dentures – Any Tips?, I Have Metal or Chrome Dentures, Do I Need a Spare Set?, What Other Types of Denture are Available?, My Dentures are Always Sore or I Just Can’t Get on With Them, One Side Closes Together Before the Other Side or they Rock on Biting.
- Dietary Advice for Parents Key Points of Dietary Advice, General Dietary Advice.
- Intravenous Sedation Background, Intravenous Sedation, Sedation Agents and Safety, Before Sedation Instructions, After Sedation, Costs, Medical Questions.
- Diet Record Daily Diet Record Chart – record all food and drinks taken throughout the day.
- Cosmetic Restorations Information about Periodontics and Oral Hygiene, Porcelain, Night Guard Appliance, Endodontics, General, Veneers, Crowns, Bridges, Implants, Composite Fillings
- Root Canal Treatments Information about what Root Canal Treatment Is, When Is Root Treatment Necessary, How Is It Performed, What Are the Outcomes Following Treatment and Post-operative Care After Root Canal Treatment.
- Fillings Information about Fillings, Amalgam Restorations, Composite or Tooth-Coloured Fillings and Postoperative Advice and Consequences.
- Crown and bridge considerations Information about Crown and Bridge Treatment, Having Missing Teeth Replaced, Tooth Preparation, Impression, and Provisional Restoration, Materials Options, Cast Porcelain Fused to Metal Restorations and Full Ceramic and Porcelain Bridges
- Posts and temps Information about Posts, Core-Crown Build-ups, Crown Lengthening and Temporaries.
- Cerec Information about Ceramic or ‘Cerec’ Restorations.
- General Implant Info General information about Dental Implants.
- BioOss Info Geistlich Bio-Oss and Bio-Gide Patient Explanation Sheet.